Yeh and Woh



I know..its not 15th august yet.
But that is the whole point...that we don't need to have day centric patriotism.
Preachy posts are something i don't like..you won't find them in this blog and this is not going to be one of them.
Now that we are done with the disclaimers..lets get to the point.

I am an average young person leading my average life. I have to keep in mind how can i do best professionally (in my job),
socially ( in my friend circle, society in general, my family),
physically (being fit)
and personally (my goals( :) ), my behaviour( :) ), my ethics, my value system).

When I get up in the morning..i should ideally think about what i am supposed to do with the 18 hrs stretched out before me. ( I try...everyday :) ..believe me)
In all this..the time when i think about my country is when i read the newspaper or see the news.

Am i guilty of neglecting my country?
Hmm..i say..hmmm.
I don't think so.

If i can do small things over a period of time...that maybe wudnt benefit the nation upfront..but at the same time wont hamper its interests...it wud be way much better than not doing anything at all and then speaking at length about patriotism yeh and woh..whats wrong with the country yeh and woh etc.

I try to keep my city clean. I try not to break any traffic rules (irrespective of the presence of the traffic cop). I try to hang on to my optimistic view about the nations progress. I try not to ridicule my country in light of better conditions in others. I try to stop the spread of hate( in myself atleast..cos even if you try to tell this to other people..you are immediately labelled as "weird-can't live without handing out sermons to innocent bystanders-miss goody two shoes-mind everybody's business-mentally ill" types)..of any kind..gender/religion/caste/region based. I try.
(Now don't get started with "Arey..us din toh happydent ka wrapper dustbin ke paas hi phenka tha...i said na..the operative word is try )

I don't know if its enough. But atleast its something.

"Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes."
-P. J. O'Rourke ( American journalist)

I can't go and be as brave and strong as our soldiers (oh they are brave..everyday..even when not on duty)..cos physically and emotionally...i am weak to do that. But when the D days come..atleast i can mean what i feel when i sing the national anthem without feeling great pangs of self inflicted guilt for being just a bystander. That i do not feel hollow within to say out aloud that i am a proud proud super proud indian and i love its heritage and history.

Its much better to be at 0..than at -10.

Comments

  1. really vry nice thoughts ....so simple and so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cut the anger a bit.

    also when you mean help mom do the dishes, is it pun intended or not???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..actually wrote it with a very optimistic frame of mind.
    will keep that in check next time i write...to convey the mood in the post properly

    and the dishes part..well...no pun was intended..(ill work on that mod writing part)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts